Thursday 25 March 1982

30 years ago: 25 March 1982, Jomson Trek day 22, Tatopani to Ghoropani

Thursday 25th March 1982: Tatopani to Ghoropani (10 miles)
A bad nights slee, during which I was almost sick.  It was a real effort to get moving after breakfast.  We left at 09:10 and I got to the top of the first ridge before Ghare (5800 ft) by 10:30 with no stops but still 10 minutes behind Colin and Dave.  I deteriorated rapidly after that and when I got to Sikha (6600 ft) at 13:45 they had been there an hour.  I suggested to Colin and Dave that they go on ahead as I only expected to make Chitre (7700 ft) that evening and so they continued. I had a place in mind to stay at in Chitre that I thought I'd noticed on our way through earlier in the trek but in the event I walked right through the town without seeing it or another lodge that took my fancy - I must have confused Chitre with another village. I continued on up though the forest and made it to Poon Hill Lodge, Ghoropani (9300 ft) by 17:30, much to my, and Colin and Dave’s, surprise. My total food for the day was four small packets of biscuits and two pancakes.  I didn’t eat that evening but slept quite well.


Birds recorded: Black Kite 1, Great Barbet h, White-cheeked Bulbul 3, Blue-fronted Redstart 4, Plumbeous Redstart 1, Grey Bushchat 15, Blue Whistling Thrush 4, Grey-hooded Warbler 5, Lemon-rumped Warbler 5, Verditer Flycatcher 2, Rufous-gorgetted Flycatcher 4, White-crested Laughingthrush 8, Grey-crested Tit 1, White-tailed Nuthatch 2, Gold-billed Blue Magpie 1, Large-billed Crow 5, Common Myna 10, Hodgson’s Mountain Finch 300.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.