Friday 24 August 2018

Less of the same - Shoreham 15-24 August

Friday 24 August. Cissbury Ring walk with Megan and Cookie: Buzzard, Sparrowhawk, 3 Yellow Wagtails (my first this year), Redstart, Stonechat, 7 Wheatears, Blackcap and Willow Warbler. Later 30 Ringed Plover and 17 Dunlin during a low tide visit to the Adur. 
one of seven Wheatears seen around Cissbury Ring

Redstart at Cissbury
Thursday 23 August. A Wheatear was on Southwick Beach as I cycled home.

Wednesday 22 August. I took Cookie up to Mill Hill and saw 2 Sparrowhawks, Buzzard, 8 Whitethroats, 3 Blackcaps, Willow Warbler and Jay. Later at low tide we visited the Adur with Megan seeing 41 Ringed Plover, 3 Dunlin, Whimbrel and Common Sandpiper.

Tuesday 21 August. A Peregrine was on Southwick Power Station  as I cycled home.

Sunday 19 August. I took Cookie up to Mill Hill and saw SparrowhawkBuzzard, juvenile Peregrine, 4 Swallows and Chiffchaff. Later with Megan and Nessa we walked from Widewater to Lancing Beach and back. A Dunlin was the only bird of note.
Lesser Black-backed Gull ands Swallows at Mill Hill
juvenile Peregrine eyeing up a Jackdaw above Mill Hill
Rampion plan at Lancing Beach
Saturday 18 August. I took Cookie up to Mill Hill and saw Sparrowhawk, 2 Buzzards, 80 Feral Rock Dove, 2 Swallows, 4 Whitethroats, Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler and 40 Linnets.

Wednesday 15 August. I took Cookie up to Mill Hill and during a blustery visit saw just 3 Buzzards, Kestrel and 2 Whitethroats.

Tuesday 14 August. I took Cookie up to Mill Hill and saw 17 Swallows, Lesser Whitethroat and 3 Whitethroats. Later on the Adur we saw 6 Ringed Plover, Dunlin, Common Sandpiper and juvenile Lesser Black-backed Gull.
Adonis Blue on Mill Hill (thanks to Simon for correcting my ID)
a cold morning gave me a rare chance at photography


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.