Wednesday 25 April 2012

Apuldram Chiffhcaff and xeno-canto Iberian Chiffchaff recordings and sonograms

With thanks to David Cooper for alerting me to 'Raven Lite 1.0' I've managed to produce the following sonograms from the original recordings made of the Apuldram Chiffchaff on Saturday.  I've also managed to make 'videos' from my original recordings using Windows Live Movie Maker without having to re-record them on my camera.  This reproduces their original quality.  Although it is a fairly quick process loading them onto the blog isn't and I've only managed to do about half of them.  I'm not sure why but I've not managed to produce sonograms of the two videos taken of the bird and posted on my blog previously, not that it was singing any more regularly then.

The songs reproduced as videos here are limited to the first 20 or 30 seconds of each recording although in each case a longer recoding would have just been 'more of the same'.

These recordings made over a two and a half hour period rather confirm the birds variable and erratic song, not at all what I would expect from a pure bird.  Some song bursts are quite short (seeming almost truncated)  but the majority are longer than I would expected of Iberian.  The opening sequence in recording 4 is particularly so.

Added at the bottom are recordings of Iberian Chiffchaffs from Xeno-canto.  They all are much more uniform in delivery with shorter bursts of song more widely spaced apart.  Each song repeats to varying degrees more varied sets of notes, adding to the conformity of their structure.  Sadly nothing similar is apparent in the recordings of the Apuldram bird.

Apuldram chiff recording 1

Apuldram chiff recording 2



Apuldram chiff recording 4

Apuldram chiff recording 5

Apuldram chiff recording 8

Apuldram chiff recording 10

Apuldram chiff recording 13


Spanish recording of Iberian Chiffchaff from xeno-canto



Dutch recording of Iberian Chiffchaff from xeno-canto

French recording of Iberian Chiffchaff from xeno-canto
Swiss recording of Iberian Chiffchaff from xeno-canto


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.