Sunday 10 March 2024

PANAMA 02-23 February 2024 taster

I was in Panama from 02-23 February, on a birding trip with Nick Preston, Paul Noakes and Barry Wright (excellent travelling companions). We were very capably led by Euclides "Kilo" Campos who was all round brilliant. It was a tough trip, mainly due to the very rugged terrain in Eastern Panama where we spent most time, but I survived. I'll produce several detailed blogs in due course but despite having been back for over two weeks I'm nowhere close to sorting out my photos (although so far have cut them down from almost 4000 to 500). I've still Birding Down Under blogs to complete too.

Here are a few of the Panamanian highlights I managed to take photos of. Paul and Barry would have done much much better with top of the range Canon and Olympus kit. I was using a Sony RX10 bridge camera I'd only had for a couple of weeks and a lot of the time it showed.

White-throated Mountaingem at Cerro Punto, a hummingbird endemic to the western Panamanian mountains
male Blue Cotinga at Nusagandi
Grey-cheeked Nunlet at Rio Torti
Crested Owl at Cerro Chucanti
Tody Motmot at Cerro Chucanti
Dusky-backed Jacamars near Metiti
Crested Eagle near Rancho Frio, Darien National Park
Wing-banded Antbird near Rancho Plastico in Darien National Park
Black-crowned Pittasoma above Rancho Frio, Darien National Park, my bird of the trip
Agami Heron near Rancho Frio, Darien National PArk
Black-capped Pygmy-Tyrant near Rancho Frio
Barred Puffbirds in Saint Frances Reserve near Rio Torti
Black-crowned Antpitta at Nusagandi, a close Bird of the Trip runner up


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.