Saturday 13 June 2020

Red-footed Falcon day 4 (13 June)

Saturday 13 June. With the photogenic Beeding Hill Red-footed Falcon only 4km away in a direct line from our house and present again this morning I was unable to resist going to look for it again. I decided to cycle which took 45 minutes via Mill Hill, walking a couple of the steeper sections. The Red-footed Falcon was on view when I arrived and for the whole of the next 2.5 hours before it flew strongly North. While I was there it had short periods of flying and hovering between longer periods sat about 50m away in a sheep field close to the fence and out of the wind. On the way I saw a Peregrine very distantly on the top of Beeding Quarry chimney, 4 Sky Larks and a Corn Bunting. I returned via Anchor Bottom and the Adur seeing 3 Oystercatchers and 4 Little Egrets back in Shoreham. It was fantastic to watch the Red-footed Falcon again although I restricted myself to 300 photos as it wasn't as obliging as yesterday's wonder show.


  
  

fire up the afterburners



Rampion Windfarm, Dredger, Shoreham-by-Sea, Sheep and sitting Red-footed Falcon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.